Unit 8 Unit 9 Unit 10
Cottage Rental Agreement
By reserving the cottage you agree that you have read the following rental agreement and agree to the terms and conditions.
I know it’s a shame we have to put words on a piece of paper to make everyone agree with the cottage rules, but, you and I both know some folks just aren’t as nice as you and I are! So bare with me while I explain to those people what the rest of us already know…..It’s all common sense, but my attorney says I have to say it anyway! OK, so here goes!
- No smoking ANYTHING inside of the cottage…. You can smoke OUTSIDE, but please, please, please, put your butts in an ash tray.
- You must be at least 21 to rent a cottage. Children are more than welcome accompanied by adults. There are places that children can not be by themselves, including but not limited to the pond area, trails, bluffs, hot tubs, etc. We don’t mean to be sticklers, but we do not want our little people injured.
- The Hillside Cottages is not responsible for your damaged or lost or stolen personal items.
- You are responsible for lost or stolen or damaged items belonging to The Hillside Cottages. We do have an inventory of all items in the cottage.
- Please take care of the cottage as if it were your home….or better! You don’t want to be on the naughty lists which most cottage owners share with each other.
- If there are more adults than indicated for a cottage, additional fees will be required. Please inform us when you call to reserve so we can have enough supplies for all guests.(SEE THERE, I TOLD YOU THESE RULES WERE JUST PLAIN OLE COMMON SENSE.)
- Check in time is 3:00 P.M., and check out time is 12:00 Noon. If the cottage is unoccupied and we have it ready for you, you can call to see if you can get in earlier. We will do everything in our power to accommodate you! Please abide by the check out time so we can get ready for the next guests!
We love our pets too! So, we decided if you can’t be away from your pet, we will let you bring them with you. All pets must be free from flea and ticks. No more than 2 pets per cottage. You must pick up after your pets. All pets must be house broke. No pee pads. Our floors are real wood and it would ruin them. Please pick up your outside pet poop.You can throw it in the woods, just not where someone might step. No pets in the hot tub. If you can’t keep the pet off the furniture, please put a sheet over the couch or chair. Cats must be de-clawed. Litter boxes can be placed inside but must be scooped out daily. All pets must be leashed outside. We will not be responsible for pets that get lost. If you dog is mean, please leave it at home. If you go out and leave your pet at the cottage, your pet must be crated. No exceptions. You are responsible for your pets behavior. There is a $10.00 per night, per pet fee.
- CLEANING POLICY:
Please wash your dishes and put them away, wipe off counters, wipe out sinks, take out the trash to the dumpster, sweep and/or mop up spills on the floors, make sure microwave and coffee pot is clean, put dirty towels and wash rags in the bath tub. You do not have to strip the beds, just leave them unmade and we will wash the sheets. All of this is posted in the cottage for your review. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
- FEES: If you book your Cottage online you will be charged the full amount of your reservation at that time. If you need other arrangements please call me at (270)362-4258. Ask about our special for a 5 or 7 day stay! Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to proposed arrival date. You must call and talk to me in person, 14 days in advance, or you will be charged the full price of the cottage. (I will try to rent the cottage if you are not able to come, and if I do, I will refund you the days I rented it out) I’ve had too many to cancel the day of arrival because it rained…..so sorry, I can’t control the weather.
- If you wish to share your experience with someone you love, give them the gift of a weekend surrounded by the stress free life of The Hillside Cottages. Please give us a call so that we can tell you about the Gift Certificates or packages that are available.
So, there you are folks! The rules and regs of cottage life! Again, I am sorry to have to do this, but we must cover our assets! Thank you SO much for staying with The Hillside Cottages! The first time you stay here, you’re company, after that you’re just one of us.